Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Stash - Hatches, Matches and Dispatches

Hatches 
Just before Christmas I put in two fabric orders from the US, my last big orders for a while, what with me being on a fabric diet and all. Timely too, though this was before I heard about the very steep price increase on flat rate envelopes from $16.95 to $23.95! Sheesh!

I had been eyeing off Ann Kelle's Remix Ovals for a while, and decided to grab them when they were on sale. The colours are just so beautiful and this is totally one of my kind of prints.


The plan was to combine shipping with my other Must Have, Lizzy House's Pearl Bracelets, but disaster of the first world kind struck when the shop sold out of the Pearl Bracelets! I ended up getting a bundle of this Spot On, another fabulous stash builder. And Kristy helped me fill the bag to maximise postage.


Fortunately I found Pearl Bracelets over at Westwood Acres for a great price and I snapped it up before anyone else could even think about it and even before my morning coffee. Oh my god, this fabric is as perfect as I'd hoped. Serious fabric love.


In the interest of filling a bag I also added a bundle of Alison Glass's Lucky Penny Bike Path. These are colours I wouldn't normally choose, but I am trying to diversify my stash a little further and I really love the fall colours.


Now, I shop at quite a few online stores and I've never been unhappy with any service I've had, but I would note that Amanda at Westwood Acres' service is exceptional. After going trigger happy on my order of Pearl Bracelets, I emailed her to ask if I could add the Bike Path without shipping coming up again - not only did she reply promptly but with a link to a special order just for me! And she popped a teeny weeny mini charm pack of Sweetwater Noteworthy into my parcel, squeal! I am saving that for something special just for me, and I have had to put it on a high shelf because my daughters are both desperate to open it up!

Also in the mail this week were a couple of parcels from the destash page I should avoid - two scrap bags that contained lots of great quilting cottons and some vintage sheet goodness, and also a ribbon scrap bag, which is just heavenly. I spent a good bit of time pressing and sorting the fabric, and winding the ribbon, and in all that I forgot to take any photos. Duh.

Matches
As I'd hoped, a few of my Bike Path and Pearl Bracelet prints go nicely with my Domestic Bliss bundle, so they've been added to that pile.

Dispatches

I've finally got my act together and I'm selling some fabric on the abovementioned destash page. I am trying to be a bit ruthless, particularly with dressmaking fabrics. There is much craft room organising happening at the moment.

Linking up to Fiona's Sunday Stash, which is over with Audrey at Hot Pink Quilts this week.


7 comments:

  1. I like your catchy title! Amanda at Westwood Acres is the best and I think she spreads sunshine every where she goes! You added some great fabric to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh such fabric goodness!! You have such a great eye for prints and bundles! I need to follow your lead. Wait, no I don't. No more fabric, no more fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Bike Path fabric! So yummy, and I didn't realize there were so many colors available. I may have to pick me up some....

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Jane, you are so creative so i nominated you for the Liebster award. You can read my post here: http://partyofeightourstory.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finally got around to ordering some Pearl Bracelets on Etsy - so I am going to be able to ooo and ahh with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Domestic Bliss. I wasn't so sure of the pearl bracelets (fabric wise :) ) until I ordered some of the light neutral color, Sand? It is so pretty that I'd love to have more.

    ReplyDelete